Contact Us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Amidst joy and cheer the pilgrim casket of St. John Bosco was solemnly received by the community of St. Mary Mazzarello Convent, Jowai on June 18, 2011 at 3.40pm. It was a matter of great joy for the FMA Sisters to behold their Father and Founder.
The half – hour halt at St. Mary Mazzarello Convent Jowai gave ample time to the inmates of the community to pay their homage and respect to the saint of the young. The Sisters, young people and faithful gathered around the relic and spent intimate moments with Don Bosco through prayers songs and personal invocations. A sign of gratitude and love was shown to the team from Italy who untiringly travelled the length and breadth of our region in bringing Don Bosco to our land.
Giving heed to the inspiration of Shri Onesimus Pasi IPS, SP of Jaintia Hills, a past-pupil of Don Bosco, Sr. Patricia Nongkhlaw, Animator of the community requested Fr. Ethelbert Minj SDB, Vice Provincial Guwahati Province to bring the relic to the house to which he consented. The community expressed their gratitude for the special opportunity of the visit of Don Bosco.
Canonically instituted in 1926, St. Mary Mazzarello, Jowai is the first house of the FMA Shillong Province and continues to be a light house for the young people of the region following the footsteps of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello in their educative mission.